From start to finish Kay Tank ensures the quality of our tanks. Each tank passes through rigorous quality control checkpoints throughout the entire manufacturing process to ensure that each one lives up to the Kay Tank name and guarantee.
Process & Checkpoints
- Incoming steel checked for quality and certified from Mill
- Prints are checked (on standard and custom builds)
- Metal is measured, square and rolled on precision equipment
- Heads and flanges are pre-made
- Offset or Butt seam on tanks with more than 1 cylinder
- Fit and assembled on the horizontal assembly rolls.
- Double weld seams on large fertilizer tanks
- Tanks are pressurized and welds are checked twice for leaks
- Seams are sandblasted
- Tank is primed and painted with high-quality acrylic enamel
- Tank scheduled for delivery and carefully loaded on our own specialized trailers